Before the Shot (Canvas)
Norman Rockwell's painting, Before the Shot, was his 299th painting and his first of five paintings to appear on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post in 1958. Rockwell, as in all his paintings, was completely accurate in the details. When asked about his inspiration for the painting, Rockwell stated, "I guess everyone has sat in the doctorŽs office and examined his diplomas, wondering how good a doctor he was The painting depicts every little detail of a doctors office in the late 50s from the balance scales to the decoration on the counter all the way to the tile floor and two chairs in the examining room.
- Fine art canvas print from the Marmont Hill Art Collective
- Professionally hand stretched
- Gallery wrapped in sustainable, non-warping wood
- Arrives ready to hang
- Made in the USA
- Includes a certificate of authenticity
- Norman Rockwell was one of America's leading artists. He chose to tell the story of the American dream, the detail of a simpler time, painted with warmth and humor. He tapped into the nostalgia of the American people with paintings that were often idyllic and expressed enthusiasm for the ordinary.
- Ships in 2-3 Days
- Shipping & Return Policy here