Norman Rockwell's painting, Sport, appeared on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post on April 29th, 1939. Rockwell painted the cover using a different approach than normal. On this painting he painted the masthead to convey to the readers how cold and wet the fishermen was. This painting was stolen in 2013 after having been recently sold for $1 million dollars. Luckily, it was found and returned to it's rightful owner.
- Fine art canvas print from the Marmont Hill Art Collective
- Professionally hand stretched
- Gallery wrapped in sustainable, non-warping wood
- Arrives ready to hang
- Made in the USA
- Includes a certificate of authenticity
- Norman Rockwell was one of America's leading artists. He chose to tell the story of the American dream, the detail of a simpler time, painted with warmth and humor. He tapped into the nostalgia of the American people with paintings that were often idyllic and expressed enthusiasm for the ordinary.
- Ships in 2-3 Days
- Shipping & Return Policy here