Rosie the Riveter (Canvas)
Norman Rockwell's painting, Rosie the Riveter, appeared on the cover of The Saturday Evening post on May 29th, 1943. The model's name was Mary, she recalls Rockwell calling her and apolologizing for making her appear larger than she natually was, weighing only 110 pounds! Mary was a 19 year old phone operator from Arlington, Vermont. This painting toured the country during the war to raise money.
- Fine art canvas print from the Marmont Hill Art Collective
- Professionally hand stretched
- Gallery wrapped in sustainable, non-warping wood
- Arrives ready to hang
- Made in the USA
- Includes a certificate of authenticity
- Norman Rockwell was one of America's leading artists. He chose to tell the story of the American dream, the detail of a simpler time, painted with warmth and humor. He tapped into the nostalgia of the American people with paintings that were often idyllic and expressed enthusiasm for the ordinary.
- Ships in 2-3 Days
- Shipping & Return Policy here